PATIENTS BILL OF RIGHTS
We believe that all patients receiving services from Pedi- Care Plus Inc. should be informed of their rights. Therefore, you are entitled to:
- You have the right to choose your home medical equipment / supplies provider.
- Receive reasonable coordination and continuity of services from the referring agency for home medical equipment services.
- Receive a timely response when home care equipment or additional information is needed or requested.
- Be fully informed of policies, procedures and charges for services on equipment, including eligibility for third party reimbursement.
- Receive an explanation of all forms you are requested to sign.
- Receive home care equipment and services regardless of race, religion, political belief, sex, social status, age, or handicap.
- Receive proper identification from personnel providing services.
- Participate in decisions concerning home care equipment needs, including the right to refuse service within the confines of the law.
- Be treated with dignity, courtesy, and friendliness and have your property respected.
- Have all of your records (except as otherwise provided for by law or third party payer contracts), and all communications, written or oral, treated confidentially.
- Have access to all health records pertaining to you and the right to have your records corrected for accuracy.
- Express dissatisfaction and suggest changes in any service without fear or coercion, discrimination, reprisal, or unreasonable interruption in service.
- Receive information on mechanism for receiving, reviewing and resolving your complaints or concerns.
- Be assured that all staff, honors your rights.
- Be informed of your responsibilities regarding home care equipment and services.