We can supply you with a Oxygen Concentrator if we have the following documentation on file and you meet the requirements listed below.
Documentation from your treating Physician stating the need for home oxygen therapy. You must be diagnosed with COPD, diffuse interstitial lung disease, bronchiectasis or cystic fibrosis.
Alternative treatment measures, such as inhalers or nebulizer treatments, have been tried or considered and been ruled out for clinical ineffectiveness.
Oxygen saturation test while awake equal to or less than 88 percent or ABG test of equal to or less than 55 mm HG. Either one of these tests must be performed within 30 days of the initual setup. Testing must meet guidelines required by medicare.
The written orders must include:
- Beneficiary’s name
- Date of order
- Detailed description of items being ordered
- Route of administration
- Frequency of use
- Length of need
- Treating practitioner’s printed name and NPI
- Treating practitioner’s signature and date
- A CMN or Certificate of Medical Necessity must on file which is valid for 12 months.
- Copy of Oxygen Test or ABG must be on file
If portable oxygen is being ordered, there needs to be documentation in the medical records indicating the patient is mobile within the home.